Levius Anime Releases 1st PV for TV Broadcast in Japan Featuring New OP Theme by Nana Mizuki
Theofficial website for the anime adaptation of Haruhisa Nakata's mechanical martial arts manga Leviushas posted a first PVfor its TVbroadcast in Japan, featuring the new OP theme song “Link or Chains” performed by Nana Mizuki.
The 12-episode anime premieredworldwide on Netflix on November 28, 2019.The OP theme song“wit and love”and ED theme “child dancer” for the streaming version on Netflix were performed by Nazome. The songs were reeelased as the mysterious singer's debut song from Warner Music Japan on teh anime's premiere day.
The Polygon Pictures-animated series is set to premiere on TOKYO MX and BS11 on January 9, 2021.
— TVアニメ「Levius レビウス」公式 (@levius_tvanime) November 20, 2020
Key visual for the TV broadcast:
- General director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia, GODZILLA trilogy)
- Director: Keisuke Ide (Ajin episode director)
- Series composition: Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, BANANA FISH)
- Screenplay: Kenta Inohara, Hiroshi Seko
- Production design: Naoya Tanaka, Ferdinando Patulli
- Character design: Yuuki Moriyama (Ajin, GODZILLA)
- Director of photography: Mitsunori Kataama
- CG supervisor: Kenji Iwata
- Art director: Yuuki Hatayama
- Color design: Hirona Noji
- Sound director: Miwa Iwanami
- Music: Yugo Kanno (PSYCHO-PASS, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Anime production: Polygon Pictures
- Production: Polygon Pictures
Main voice cast:
- Levius Cromwell: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Zacks Cromwell (Levius' uncle): Junichi Suwabe
- Bill Weinberg (Mechanic for Levius' artificial arm): Takahiro Sakurai
- Natalia Garnet (who considers Levius as her rival): Ayane Sakura
- Malcom Eden (veteran fighter): Hochu Ohtsuka
- Hugo Stratus (elite fighter who is a son from a rich family): Daisuke Ono
- Mysterious girl (who stands beside Crown): Saori Hayami
- Dr.Crown (top executive of a military-industrial giant corporation): Mamoru Miyano
Synopsis (from Simon & Schuster's manga English edition):
As society rises from the ashes of war, cybernetically augmented arena fighters battle for fame andfortune…or die trying. It’s the 19th century, and the world has entered the Era of Rebirth, recoveringfrom the devastating flames of war. The sport of mechanical martial arts has galvanized the nations.Cybernetically augmented fighters turn their blood into steam and their bodies into brutal fighting—and killing—machines. Young Levius is one of those arena battlers, hell-bent on winning in order tosimply survive.
(c)Haruhisa Nakata/Shueisha, Polygon Pictures